Friday, October 11, 2013

Pattern Making


Motivating myself to begin this project has proved to be an extremely large obstacle. I began making patterns for some of the pieces in my collection, and for a self-taught pattern-maker it's going surprisingly well. I started making patterns a few years ago when I made myself a Christmas dress, and  it was surprisingly simple. However, this time around I have been experimenting with harder silhouettes that proves to be more difficult. For some reason I really do not understand sleeves. Contrary to popular belief, they are not tube shaped things that you sew into a garment. They are incredibly oddly shaped and I don't understand how to make them. First obstacle of the 20 time project? I guess I'll have to figure it out considering 3 garments in my collection have sleeves... Time to bring in the mentor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment