Saturday, November 16, 2013

Progress!

This week I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out exactly where I'm going with my collection. I feel like hundreds of ideas pop into my head all at once and it's hard to sketch them down in time before I forget. However, thanks to recent generous gifts from Evernote, I was able to sketch down a few ideas today in my moleskin during church. (Probably not the way I'm supposed to spend my time in church...but I was able to sketch and remember a dress that I think would work real well in my collection). Here's the rough sketch I scribbled down: 

In addition to that, I finally compiled all of my ideas for the direction of this collection into my moleskin. Here's what I wrote down: 
Em by Emily: winter/spring 2014 rtw collection 

Ideas:
-Classy but edgy
---structured silhouettes with leather trims and a touch of a more edgy style for the modern high fashion individual 
---mixing of colors, prints, and textures 
---neutrals with a pop of color 
---inspired by Rachel Zoe spring 2014 rtw collection 

-Overall Themes
---neutrals with pops of color 
---leather trims
---overall classy yet edgy feel to the collection 

-Collection Outline
---6 outfits
--------pants, skirts, dresses, tops, coats, etc. 

-Who wears Em by Emily?
---modern, edgy and confident individual 
---consists of everyday clothes suitable for day time with the ability to transition to evening 

Lastly, I've been experimenting with color palettes and different ways to incorporate a pop of color. 



2 comments:

  1. So fierce. I love all the dark muted blues in the pallet I would totally wear those. I'd love to see those blues incorporated with some leather in a dress or shirt or something like that. Keep up the fierceness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the paint swatches is a great idea! it is an easy and cheap way to see what colors match up well. Do you ever have problems with textures of material versus texture of the papers?

    I have really enjoyed reading your blog and I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete